Thursday, May 13, 2010

happy birthday flower punch card

This is another club card we did not too long ago. The card was originally inspired by a similar but different card I saw Lori Ryder post on our Stampin' Connection site (our demo site). I thought it was a cool idea and modified mine to this one.

To make this card we stamped the Tempting Turquoise paper with the set from the last mini called With All my heart. We then punched it out using the extra large fancy flower punch. The Whisper white piece is punched using the scallop trim corner and border punches. The stem is just a thin strip of Certainly Celery. The leaves are actually a 1 3/4" circle punched shape punched twice. First you punch out a circle then you feed a little less then half of the circle back into the punch and punch again. Voila, you have your leaf shape. We also took a bone folder and made lines down the center to give them some character. The saying is stamped in Turquoise and was from the Well Scripted set that was also in the mini, but really any set could be substituted. I then punched it with the wide oval punch and popped it up with dimensionals. This is all layered on Night of Navy and Tempting Turquoise papers.
It was a lot quicker to make then you think. It makes for a fun and somewhat bold and happy card I think.

So I hope you enjoy my birthday card for the day. I also hope you have a good day today. Seems like several of my customers are going through some harder times and I was trying to think of some ways to be a better encourager. Maybe you know some too in similar situations. How could you do that? I'm thinking about making some thinking of you cards or praying for you cards soon to send as soon as I can. Maybe even some thank yous to those who do a lot of work and don't get a lot of praise. Hmmm... I'll have to plot some more ideas. You'll have to share what you come up with too.

No comments: