Saturday, December 19, 2009

different snowflakes

Aren't these fun? I had seen some other demos try this and I had to try it too.
We are clutter bugs and keep everything it seems. We always think, we might could use this some day.
Now I don't typically keep cans, but we do recycle them, so we had several of them. I even took an empty one from work as it had snowflakes on it if that says anything. :)
The Big Shot can go through a lot of different sizes and types of materials and this is one of them.
We may have to break down and buy some different drinks to try some different color cans. :) I've heard the green cans like 7up and such make for some pretty snowflakes, maybe an orange drink...hmmm.
It was cool though. The top one is a Coke Santa can. The middle one is a Diet coke with snowflakes and the last one is the coke can again, next to a snowflake punched out of the leftovers of the diet coke can cut out with the snowflake punch. It worked too. It just curled it some, but it worked.
I thought these would be fun on a package, card, on the tree, maybe hung outside as they might hold up (I don't think they rust readily). So fun.
You do have to watch cutting it out and a little afterwards as the edges can be sharp during that process. This isn't a kid friendly project, but still fun. It helps show the versatility of the Big Shot too. Speaking of which, several of it's dies are on sale right now as well as raw vinyl, so if you are interested go to my site and check that out http://detailmama.stampinup.net
Go to Shop now (upper right hand corner) and then click on 12 days.

I'm also working on some card gift ideas, club projects and all the other Christmas stuff we have to do. So I have more to show you, just slower getting to it all, so please bear with me. Hope you have a great day today.

No comments: