Saturday, December 5, 2009

window sheet snowflakes

I went to a craft store recently and they sold something like this and we decorated it similar to this, so I wondered if I could make something using SU items. I thought it turned out pretty cool and the pictures don't do it near the justice of what it looks like in real life. This is a snowflake cut out using the Big Shot and then embossed with the Petal's a Plenty embossing folder. I used one of the thick window sheets so it's really sturdy. It also didn't appear to hurt my folder either. I then sprayed the snowflake with shimmer spray made with the platinum shimmer paint and alcohol, so it has a silvery, glittery look to it. It's also really textured giving it a cool appearance. For the tag I stamped the To/from from the Christmas punch set using platinum shimmer paint, then punched it out with the circle punch and then punched out a mat using brushed silver cardstock. I then punched a hole and threaded silver cording through it all.
Wouldn't this look really cool on a package? If you take the tag off you could make an ornament for the tree too. Not a bad little project for just playing around. This was a cased idea though, but fun. I tried to take a close up with the first photo, but it kept glarring off the shimmer. I need to figure out a way to get clearer pictures of shiny items. I might have to play around some with the camera. So for now, this will have to do. I hope you get the idea though.
Have a great day today.

No comments: