Wednesday, December 30, 2009

ornament punch angels

Sorry, I haven't posted much. It's year end at my real job and I have been working a lot. I also might not be posting as much the next few days as I'm going to try and move some of my items upstairs to start working on stuff up there. I'm getting older now and my knees just aren't the same to keep running up and down. Plus all my classes and events are upstairs, so it makes sense. It will just take time to move all my addiction...er.. I mean stash up. :)
So I'll try and keep up, but can't guarantee it.

So on to the project.
Aren't these the cutest things. I cased this idea from demo Sandi McIver and thought these were just great.
They are made with various punches. Mainly circle punches and then the ornament punch which is available until Jan 4th. I'm hoping it comes out in the new catalog as I've seen really cool stuff made with its shape. The blue angels went through the Big Shot and the petals a plenty folder. The wings I just ran the 2 way glue pen over and sprinkled Dazzling Diamond glitter over it. Their halos are just the gold cardstock punched with 2 sizes of circle punches. The hair is just a snipped circle. Everything is glued together and then hung with the cording also from the mini.
I also made the little red one without the Big Shot as some of my customers don't have that yet and wanted them to see an alternative way to make her pretty too. Here I used the background stamp in versa mark and then clear embossed it on the red. The wings are embossed in silver. Otherwise they are the same. Except that I just realized that the red angel lost her ribbon in traveling up the stairs. I was bringing up so much that it must have got caught on something. At least you can see a little better how it goes together that way. I also added another punch (the color of the hair) to make things look nicer in the back.
Anyways, I did think these were very cute and it was so nice of her to share her idea. I ended up making these for all my club members for Christmas. So fun.

No comments: