Friday, January 29, 2010

breast cancer card - happiness always and a share

In February I'm holding a SAS and I'm giving part of the proceeds to breast cancer research. I made some alternate cards for people to see in case they want to send out cards that use the Ribbon of Hope stamp set.
This was one of the cards. It is really pretty in real life. The picture doesn't do it justice. That's really Chocolate Chip in the picture even though it looks black. It's whisper white, chocolate and pretty in pink. The white background is textured with polka dot embossing folder and sponged with a light pink. The ribbon is stamped in pretty in pink and cut out and raised up on dimensionals. The saying is from Whimsical Words ( a Sale-a-bration set you can earn free.) It's punched with the wide oval and highlighted with some chocolate and raised up with dimensionals as well. The ribbon is the new satin ribbon in the mini which is absolutely gorgeous in real life.

Okay, I know this isn't stamping but I have to show a couple of things my son did. He is really creative in my opinion, so I thought I'd share. My son turned 6 in November by the way and is in Kindergarten. He's learning about American symbols/landmarks in class. So a couple of days ago he decided he wanted to make some and disappears in his room. These were 2 of the ones he made.
This first one is made out of Legos - Can you tell what it is?

It's the Statue of Liberty. The spikey things are a part of her crown. The brown thing is her torch that people can go up into and see out. He even put the eyeball legos in there too. The little green thing under the brown thing represents her hand holding the torch. He was very detailed telling us about it. As a parent you wonder what your child is doing in their room when they are quiet, but that day this is what he was doing. I thought it extremely cute for a 6 year old.





The second item is a drawing he did. He taped 3 pieces of paper together (with the lady bug tape (which you can see he used to tape to his wall).
He then proceeded to draw and color an American bald eagle. It's hard to see the feet, but they are there. It's standing on a rock and has grass under the rock. It's probably almost the size of a real eagle too (a little on the small side, but pretty close.)

Aren't these clever? I just had to share. I hope you enjoyed the card and the fun things my son made. I enjoy hearing kids talk who have pride for their country and love learning about it. It's always fascinating what they say. We are truly blessed here with the freedoms we have and I'm glad he is learning about it. So blessings today to all of you and have a great day.

No comments: