Wednesday, January 13, 2010

vintage vogue birthday with bright colors

Here is another birthday card that I made for my mom using the new Vintage Vogue set. It's funny when I first saw the set it didn't excite me as much as some of the other images did. The more I play with it though the more I love it. I think it's one of my favorite sets right now. I keep trying different colors and ways to line up the flowers, etc. This was my quick and easy version. The flowers are stamped with pixie pink, tempting turquoise and green galore. The centers are actually little flowers punched out with the trio flowers punch. The Happy Birthday is from the new Well scripted stamp set and is stamped in black. All of it is stamped on white, then matted with turquoise and then placed on a pixie pink card base. Very bright and cheerful in real life. These are colors that I don't seem to use as much it seems. I typically chose more earth tones or rich regals. It was fun branching out into some different color schemes. Gets me out of my rut and brightens these cold winter days. Plus I just think creating is fun to do. It's good to branch out and try something new once in a while.
So I hope you enjoy my card share today. I hope you also take some time to create and try something new - maybe spice something up a bit. Have fun. That's what makes it all good, that and spending time with friends and family while creating. Have a great day today. Blessings.

No comments: