Monday, January 25, 2010

maculine bday

We celebrated my brother-in-laws birthday this last weekend and I needed a masculine birthday card. I struggle with masculine cards a lot. Girly cards, kid cards, etc no problem but I have to work a lot harder to come up with masculine cards. After much debating I finally decided on this card, which I really ended up liking. One of the things he likes to do is play golf, so I made this card for him. Inside I also added a piece of white and stamped golf balls all over it in going gray (stamped off first to make them lighter). I then used Happy Birthday from Well Scripted in the mini in brocade.

For the outside I used the following supplies:
stamps: all in the family, family accessories too, On your Birthday.
inks: brocade blue (& marker), basic black, going gray(& marker), close to cocoa marker (hair), blush blossom.
paper: whisper white, brocade blue basic black
accessories: blender pen.
I also drew little lines on the club to look like ridges - sort of like real clubs have.
It ended up being a fun card even though I didn't really bling it up a lot. Tricky for me to not do as it's instinct for me to add such things. I think it's the girl in me. :)
He seemed to enjoy it and that is all that really mattered really. So I hope you enjoy my birthday card and it inspires you to make some masculine cards too. Have a great day today.
Blessings.

No comments: