Sunday, January 31, 2010

3d flowers birthday card

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. It's year end and I've also felt puny all week. I haven't done much besides go to work this week.
I did make one birthday card this week. I saw this flower idea on the demo site and had to try it. It's great all the ideas that demos share. It's one of the perks of being a demo, lots and lots of ideas. I'm not sure who created this idea, but thought it pretty cool. One of the cards I saw (designed by Joni Miller) had multiple layers on the flowers so it almost balled up. It was her card that inspired my card, but I wanted mine a little looser, so I only did two layers. I also debated what I'd like to put in the center. I just dabbed some color there, but I think several items would work. I think beads, brads, buttons, etc would all look pretty cool.
I used lovely lilac, bashful blue and barely banana for my flower colors and my leaves are celery. I also stamped Happy Birthday in Lilac too.
So how did I make my flowers? With the scallop circle punch. Just punch it out (two of them), wad it up, cut the individual petals and roll them inward. A little time consuming, but has a pretty outcome in my opinion. The picture is a little dark (it was night time), but it looks really pretty in real life. So I hope you enjoy my card share today.
Have a great day and stay warm. Blessings.

No comments: