Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday sab card

I needed a birthday card and I decided to use a slightly different color combo for me. This picture doesn't do it justice, but I gave it away already and can't get a better picture. It's very bright and fun in person. It uses Yo Yo Yellow, Whisper white and Bashful blue as the main colors. The images are from two Sale-a-bration sets - Happy Moments and Whimsical Words. The cake is stamped in black and then I used a blender pen to color in the flowers with bashful (centers yo yo) and the candle flames are also Yo Yo. The words are also colored with the two colors using the markers. On the right edge I used the new Pinking hearts border punch and then added a piece of bashful to the back of the card to help the border stand out. The bashful in the back is also distressed with bashful ink. I didn't think of it at the time, but a little glitter on the candles would have been fun too.
So I hope you enjoy my little card today. Hope you are getting some creating time in. Have a great day. Blessings.

No comments: