Monday, February 8, 2010

heart tree

Look, isn't this fun? Karen Burniston shared this idea with demos. It's made with the tree die and the Big Shot. You can put it in a card, but I completed mine on all sides and it makes it pretty sturdy that way, so I like mine just as a little decoration. It also took a lot of time, but I thought it a cool idea and had to share.
It looks like the tree die is still available online as well as several other items from last month's mini (including shimmer paints, Charming stamp set, other dies and also raw vinyl which was on sale near the end.)

I thought about adding stuff to this like more hearts for decoration, shimmer paint, etc. I think I like it like this for now. I may add more later, but I think it's cool plain and will leave it like that for a bit. Kind of admire my work kind of thing. I think because it took so long to complete. I think I worked more on this then I have most of the items I've made. It turned out pretty cool in my opinion though.

The base of the tree is made from the tree die. Then I punched various hearts with the full heart and the three heart punch. I used real red, pretty in pink and regal rose as my colors.

So I hope you enjoy my heart tree. Special thanks to Karen Burniston for sharing such a fun idea. Have a great day and stay warm. It's already snowing here and the streets look covered, so I hope everyone stays safe driving tomorrow. Prayers and Blessings.

No comments: