Friday, February 19, 2010

charming window

This card is similar to the monkey card I posted a few posts back. The main difference was the colors and stamp set used.
For this card I used the stamp set Charming, which was in the last mini catalog. SU just issued a statement yesterday listing several items from the last mini that are still available and will be included in the new catalog. This stamp set is one of them. You can also still get the Big Shot items, the ornament punch and all the Shimmer paints as well, which is very exciting. I've not seen them do that before, but it's great that they are still available as several of those items were my favorite.
So back to this card. It's made just like the monkey card. I used a mask and sponged on my circle onto the whisper white cardstock. I then inked up my stamp set with real red and old olive markers and then stamped (had to do that 3 times). I stamped the sentiment in black and then added the red satin ribbon, which is awesome. I love the satin ribbon. One tip about the satin ribbon though - don't use liquid type glue or glue dots with it on the front of the card unless covering it up. It will bleed through and you will be able to see it. So that's a little tip for the day - don't ask me how I know. lol. j/k Of course I found that out. So I hope you guys have a great day. The sun is shining! That helps a lot. Definitely a gift from God.
Blessings.

No comments: