Sunday, September 21, 2008

broomstick

Here is my version of the broomstick treat bag that is on page 29 in the catalog. I wanted to make mine sturdier so I used 2 bags. I also used the new stamp set coming out in the mini on October 1st. It's called Eat, Drink and be Scary and is really cute.

Here is how I made the bag. Take two brown paper bags and cut them down some or buy two smaller bags. Now take the first bag and flatten the bag and push out the bottom and push the bottom sides in (you don't want to cut the bottom at all). Then you cut strips from the top of the bag all the way to the bottom edge. Then you take the second bag and cut strips only about an inch and a half from the top (not all the way down just the top part. ) Then you put the second bag onto the bottom of the first bag (the first bag strips will be all laying down on the table.) I also smooshed (crinkled) my strips some so they weren't so straight and nice. You put whatever treat you want into the 2nd bag. You then insert your stick into your bag (it needs to be long enough to tick up about 6 inches above the bag). Then you pull all your strips from the first bag up and you gather them up near the top and combine them with the cut strips of the second bag and secure with some twine (or ribbon, etc) around both bags and the stick. I then created my tag and tied the twine around it as well. Then it's all done. If you did it right before your event you could use a pretzel stick if you didn't want a real stick (but I'd cut the bag down more). You could do one bag, so you can get a glimpse of your treat. I wanted mine more for decoration and I didn't want my kids trying to steal the candy, so I used two bags.

Here is what I used to make this:
Stamps : Eat, Drink and be Merry
inks: old olive and black
paper: old olive and ww
accessories: 2 brown bags, stick, twine, scissors, small and large tag punch

This was a super easy project and took no time at all and makes a cute treat bag or decoration for a party.

No comments: