Monday, September 8, 2008

Christmas cards

I have been busy trying out different samples of cards to get ready for my Christmas Stamp-a-stack (SAS). I'll be holding my SAS during SU's World Card Making day week promotion. This promotion is from October 4th thru 11th. During this week, they are offering 20 percent off Simply Sent card kits and Simply Sent Card Elements. I'm hoping to have samples of some of those kits this week. I'll post them as soon as I'm able too. One of these sets is a Christmas card set. An option for you if you are looking for quick and easy cards to make. My SAS will be on Friday Oct. 10th at 6:30 or Saturday, Oct. 11th at 2, unless changes are needed. It costs $15 and we make 10 cards, 2 each of 5 designs. These will all be Christmas cards. Let me know if you are interested.
Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of extra ideas I came up with too.

This one uses the following supplies:
Stamp sets: Holy Triptych, Holidays & wishes
Inks: Black Staz-on, Chocolate chip marker, Earth Element crayons
Papers: WW, Really Rust, Old Olive
Accessories: Aqua painter, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, snail

For this card I stamped the image in Staz-on and then colored with the crayons and smoothed with the aqua painter. Then I did one part of the saying at a time for the words.



This next one uses a technique called cracked glass. I was just playing around with the technique as well as the big shot and came up with this simple, but interesting card. I'm not sure how well you see the front of the card inside the top note, but it's clear and shiny with cracks in it that look like "cracked glass", hence the name.
Here are the supplies used for this technique:
Stamps: Snow Swirled (on sale at the time of this posting)
Inks: Old Olive, Summer Sun and Real Red marker
Papers: Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big shot, Top Note die, Real red grosgrain, blender pen, glassy glaze, heat gun

Hope you enjoy these samples. Come back soon for some more.

No comments: