Sunday, September 28, 2008

More fun ideas - shrinky dinks

I've had a lot of fun playing around with different gift ideas. I've played with candles, calendars, chipboard, ornaments, notepads and holders, and on and on.
One of the cute cool things I've been playing with is a fun thing that we use to play with as kids. Shrinky Dinks. They now come in at least 3 different colors (if not more). They also seem to work well with the stamps. I've had fun trying different sizes and colors. I've still got a few more test runs with different inks and markers, but here are a few of what I've come up with. The top picture is made with SU supplies. It is made with black stazon and white Shrinky Dinks and 1/8" and scallop circle punches. The stamp is the circle out of the Boho Backgrounds set. Aren't they cute?

The second picture is some various items I've tried. I've been playing around. Some came out really small, some just right. It's been fun picking things out.
I did use a couple of non SU items. I used a red and green Stazon pad and Sharpie markers in the ones shown here. Right now we don't sell those items. Those were items I've had for a while now. I was seeing what worked and how they stayed on. I'll be doing more experiments soon. I'm also putting together a bracelet with the red flower. So more pictures soon. The red flower is from our Spotlight on Christmas set punched with the five petal punch. The bird and house is from To You and Yours stamp set that will be on special during World Card Making week. They were punched with the wide oval punch and the key tag punch. The house is also in green stazon. The white snowflake is from Snow swirled and stamped with white Stazon (which we carry) and cut out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. The tree is also from Snow swirled and stamped in green stazon. The round red flower is from Big Flowers and is stamped with black stazon and colored in with a red Sharpie marker and punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The cute snowflake is a die from our new Big shot. There was no stamping there, just punch and shrink. Too cute.
There is so much you can do with these. They can make jewelry, tree ornaments, gift decorations, scrapbook and card embellishments, etc. Whatever you can dream up. Creating is a lot of fun and can even bring out the child in you. Hope you have fun creating too.

No comments: