Tuesday, August 11, 2009

more convention info

this was the theme of this year's convention: Inspire, Create and Share. Different talks focused on each of these segments as well as different demonstrations and speakers. That's what I believe SU is making it's focus is to help us with each of these items in our business. They want us to Inspire, to create and to share what we know with you our customers and friends/family.
Their main focus is stamping and things that go with that, but they are also branching out in other areas too. They want to share things with you that inspire you to create. Because of this SU has added different lines to their merchandise - first the Decor Elements, then the Big Shot line, now in the new mini we have a Build A Bear collection, Simply Adorned Jewelry collection, and the new My Digitial studio (digital scrapbooking, cardmaking, calendars, etc). Those three items combined with all the other fun items coming in the mini will make for a great holiday season in my opinion.

One of the perks of going to convention is seeing tons of sample ideas and some live demonstrations too. See these boards? This is one of something like maybe 6 double sided boards (I didn't actually count how many, but kept going round and round) filled with sample cards, scrapbook items and 3d items. Like I said these are double sided, so can you imagine how many pictures I took. I finally only started to take my favorites. It's a good place to go and get ideas for sure.

I will probably be posting mainly convention highlights this week as we have several things going on this week to get caught up on. I forget how much extra work being gone a week causes. :)
The kids start school this week too and I have to get ready for club next Monday among other things, so a busy week. I'll also try and download my swaps too now that I'm home. I also got some of my mini preorder in and I'm so excited about the mini coming out September 1st. If you are on my mailing list you should be able to get those soon in the mail. So I hope you have a great day today and try and stay dry they are predicting more rain.

No comments: