Sunday, August 9, 2009

sneak peek - tree

One part of convention this year is that they had on hand some items from the new mini coming out that we could try out and play with. We got to punch out some items with the Big Shot as well as watch some demonstrations and such. They also had displays of all the mini items so we could see first hand what they looked like. I have to say I love the new mini catalog.

One of the items coming out in the mini is a Die cut tree cut from the Big Shot. It fits inside a card and folds flat. I thought it was adorable, but was curious how it went together. Well, I got to put one together here at convention. Now we just got different color pieces as there was a huge group trying to do it at once, but I still got the experience of putting it together and seeing how it looks. So here is a picture of what the tree would look like without any embellishments and not in a card. It folds flat to fit into the card. Wouldn't that make a fun Christmas card, where it opens up into a tree. :) There is also a sizzlet die for items to decorate it (ornaments, star, etc). I get my tree tomorrow after I get home and I'm so excited to get my new stuff. To me it's almost like Christmas.
These trees were fun, and you could really decorate them for many different occasions. I'll have to see what little animal stamps or other stamps and accessories will go with it. Hmmm, the creativity is already going.
Well, I may not post for a day or so. I'll have to see how whipped we are. We leave in a few hours for the long trek back home and we don't get home until really late and then it's back to the real world tomorrow and I'm sure the time change will get to me.
There were so many ideas shared I can't wait to show you some over the next few weeks. We haven't downloaded all the pictures yet either, so hopefully I'll get those soon.
So I hope you all have a great day today and hopefully we make the long trek back safely. Talk to you guys soon.

No comments: