Friday, January 2, 2009

December club

It just dawned on me that I had not posted what our club members did in December. We got delayed a week because we were worried about an ice storm. It ended up being just a couple of days before Christmas and I got caught up with that that I forgot to post what we did.
We made three item and I gave them 2 plus a box.
This first picture shows what I gave them. I made a little candy cane mouse holder which I learned from fellow demo Dawn Griffith. The other item was what I call my sparkly ornaments made with refills and glitter. Each one got a different color. This one shows one of the dark greens. I put each one of the ornaments in a box made from the envelope die made with my Big Shot. I wrapped it in ribbon and used a hostess set colored in red and Olive to place a tag on it. I thought these were all really cute to make and fun to see.
The three items we made were all Christmas in nature. First we made an ornament ball made with dsp from the mini catalog. They had choices on how to pattern the ball. This is shown with the 20 circles cut from the die from the Big Shot.
The tag uses the Top Note Die and is a sample that I saw in the mini. It uses the Winter Post stamp set, jumbo eyelets, Chocolate chip ink and the cording from the mini.
The last item was a triangle box. It's hard to see in this picture but it's stamped with the snowflake from the Winter post with Versa Mark. It has tafeta riding hood red ribbon tying it together and has a faux metal tag on it, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. You can fill this little box up with goodies or you could even use it as an ornament for your tree. My next post I'll post a close up of it and post some instructions on how to make it. But for now I need to get ready for bed. I stayed up too late last night to ring in the new year.
I hope you all had a great New Year. I can't wait to see what 2009 brings.

No comments: