Saturday, January 31, 2009

happy heart card

Here is an idea that I cased from another demo, but I really liked it. It uses the Happy Heart stamp set that was in the mini and is now in the main catalog. I've made several Valentines lately and I like this one because it's different somewhat. I especially liked the knot in the ribbon and the holes.

I stamped the stamp that looks like a tic tac toe board in riding hood red and then colored the three hearts in pink piroutte, close to cocoa and baja blue and cut them out and put dimensionals under them. I then layered it with close to cocoa paper. I stamped the "I heart you" in riding hood red and punched out with the curly label punch and then cut out a baja square and rounded the corners. I tied a knot in my riding hood red ribbon and glued it to the back of the pink. On the pink I used my mat guide and punched holes all the way around two sides (before you put ribbon on.) I then dimensionaled the i heart you over the ribbon and added the whole top to a riding hood red piece of cardstock. Pretty quick and easy. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to make something special for those you love. It's so much fun to surprise them with something. If you get a chance you ought to try it.

No comments: