Friday, January 23, 2009

masculine cards

There has been two things lately I've been in the mood to create it seems. One is the typical pinks and reds of valentines, which I've created several note card types (similar to what I made my daughter) and the other items are more masculine type cards. Those are somewhat harder for me, because I do like flowers and embellishments. What can I say, I'm a girl. Besides the ones in the sas I'm offering, I've also come up with a couple of others lately. This is one that I gave to my Brother-in-Law for his birthday. I did have to add some ribbon, but no bow. I wish I had taken a brighter picture, but this is the best I have, since I gave it away.
I watercolored the image with an aquapainter to make it varied in color. I notice its hard to see the designer label punch under the words too, but it added a nice touch too.

Here is what I used for this card.
papers: Night of Navy, chocolate chi and whisper white
ink: night of navy, chocolate chip, close to cocoa and riding hood red
Stamps: Fun and Fast notes and a Little Birthday Cheer
Accessories: aqua painter, ticket corner punch, wide oval punch, oval punch, designer label punch, white grosgrain

No comments: