Wednesday, November 18, 2009

anniversary card

Here is an anniversary card that I made. I used the brayer to make the sky (it was whisper white before I started). I used barely banana, summer sun, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie and a little dusty durango for the brayered area. I start with the lightest color and keep moving down blending as I go. The flower silhouettes are embossed in black with black embossing powder. I did that part first then brayed the sky, although with black you could probably do either way. The stamp set is Kind and Caring thoughts and is a hostess set. The saying is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
I think this is a very versatile set and has lots of sayings in it for a lot of occasions. It's one of my newer favorites. The saying is stamped in pumpkin and punched out with the word window and the mat is punched with the modern label in chocolate chip. The card is layered on pumpkin too and followed up with Chocolate chip (a little hard to see against the wood background).
I thought this turned out pretty good and could be used for other occassions just as well.
So I hope you enjoy the card today. I hope you get a chance to stop and enjoy the sunset. It's those little things that make a big difference and as it is getting darker, those beautiful moments in the light make a big difference. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: