Friday, November 20, 2009

serene snowflakes meet soft suede

For my club members I try to teach new things or showcase a little different color pattern. Here we used soft suede, bashful blue and whisper white, and sahara sand. The bigger snowflake stamp is stamped in bashful blue, the little snowflakes are in sahara but I stamped off first once. The peace on earth is the suede. I also used the sahara sand on the bottom of the base cardstock too. Then we used the soft suede polka dot ribbon to tie a knot.



Besides this different color scheme the other thing we did to this card that the picture doesn't do justice too is that we sprayed the white with a shimmer spray. We mixed some frost white paint with a little alcohol and mixed together in a cheap spray bottle (or an old stampin mist bottle). It gave it a really shiny look. It almost reminds me of the shimmer paper we sell as it's that shiny. This bottom picture shows a little glimpse of the shiny effect. The members thought it cool to see another trick for an accessory. You can do this with the others too, but the silver was a little dark for this card. I haven't tried the gold colored one yet (champagne).
So I hope you have a peaceful day today and take some time to try something new too. It's fun to do that when you get a chance.

No comments: