Friday, November 27, 2009

Hey everyone, I hope you have had a good Thanksgiving and got to have a great meal with some good friends or family. It always makes it more fun spending the holidays with special people for sure. We have another meal planned tonight with my side of the family, so we get two days of fun and good food. :)

This is the last item we did for club. I first saw this idea presented by demonstrator Angie Kennedy Juda.
I took notepads that I bought at any office supply store. I've heard you need those verses the cheaper ones, but haven't tried it myself to check for sure. I then took them to have it cut into 3 sections. The nice clerk actually did mine for free. I was so excited. I took a huge pile and they cut the whole pile at once. It was super cool. I picked the super long notepad, but you could use smaller ones. I'm a list maker so I like long lists, so I decided to use the big pad.

Since these were so long, a strip of 12 x 12 paper barely fit down the back, so I cut one piece to fold over the top and then I backed the whole thing with a matching piece of 12 x 12 strip, so it looked all nice and neat. Now if you wanted to you could add magnets to the back, but I haven't done that yet. I took the shopping bag from the Things I Love set (a freebie from convention - yeah) and colored it in using old olive and chocolate chip markers. I thought that appropriate since I was making shopping lists :) . You could use anything really though - butterflies, flowers, etc. I then punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, then cut a real red piece with the 1 3/8" circle and then a chocolate chip scallop circle. I then put that all on the top of the pad (don't hit the paper though or you won't be able to rip them off, with a dimensional for depth. Then you are done. I think these in a package with a beaded pen and some other items would make a cute little gift for just about anyone.
So I hope you enjoy the little gift idea. Sorry I haven't shown a lot of new items lately. I've been trying to spend some time with family the last few days, something we haven't done a lot of lately. I hope you get some time to create soon with all the holiday happenings though. If not, I hope you at least got to spend some great time with family. Have a great day.

No comments: