Wednesday, November 25, 2009

punched pumpkin box

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We hope you have a great day and get to spend some time with friends or family. There is so much to be thankful for if you stop and think about it and I hope you get a chance to consider that thought some. I know it can be a busy day for some of you who have to prepare meals and such, so make sure you get some time to spend with others and just enjoy the moment. Those dishes can wait till later, right?

We personally get to have dinner with my in-laws tomorrow and then get to have dinner with my side of the family on Friday. Nothing like 2 good meals in a row with time to visit. We decided to do that years ago, so we could spend more time with each other and not be rushed.

Well, it seems like I've neglected poor thanksgiving this year and I've hardly posted any projects for it. This little box here is not my original creation and I've seen it on several sites so I'm not sure who originally created it. If you know let me know and I'll add it in. I've seen it made several different ways. I've seen pumpkins on both sides of it, with handles on it, with other attachments added to it, etc.
I made these for my club ladies and filled with little candies, so I only decorated one side as my hands couldn't punch and cut that many more. One of the side effects of too much ball playing as a kid I believe and of course age (but we won't go there) :) . It's hard to tell by the photo but it's a small box and it's decorated with wide oval punches made into a pumpkin. You punch 5 ovals per pumpkin. I inked my edges and glued them together. I used the Autumn Harvest stamp set to make the leaf and cut each out by hand. The stem is just a strip of Chocolate chip and I free hand cut the top edge. The little box is just folded pumpkin pie cardstock sealed with sticky strip. I thought it was a cute project and just had to make it for them. I'm thankful that there is such great talent out there that share their ideas. It is greatly appreciated and makes it fun to see so many great projects. I'm also grateful for my club ladies, my friends and family, as they help me faithfully research, try, and also create new items each month to make new and fun projects for them. It greatly helps me stretch my creativity. I'm also thankful to God for the talents and blessings He has bestowed on me and my family. We are truly blessed.
So Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the day. God bless.

No comments: