Friday, November 6, 2009

father's birthday card

I made this card for my father for his birthday. We celebrated his and my step mother's birthday this past weekend. I decided to make him this card as it reminded me of where we grew up. We grew up living right next to a park. Fall was always a great time to live next to there as you got to see all the beautiful leaves up close every day. The best part is that we didn't have to rake most of the leaves as they were in the park. Of course this time of the year we would really see the wild life preparing for winter. It also never failed that every time we would look out we would see a cardinal bird. So I made this card in rememberance of that.
This stamp set is still available but it's on the dormant list. I bought it and then like a month later it ended up on the dormant list, which is sad as I liked this set. There are several sets on the dormant list which are still available, so if you are interested in seeing that list let me know. The birthday sentiment is from a Little Birthday Cheer and is popped up on dimensionals.
So I hope you enjoy my little fall birthday card. I also hope you have a great day today.

No comments: