Tuesday, November 10, 2009

scrapbooking your faith - fear

Here are our pages for October's scrapbooking your faith study.
I guess I should have taken a little better close up of the pages. The title says To fear or not to fear. Fear is in Basic gray and Not is in pumpkin pie. The little words are written using a Basic Gray marker. The alphabet is the new Jayne's type alphabet. I also stamped a bat in eggplant and a spider in black and cut them out and placed them at the top. On the pages in black are the big stamp from "From the Crypt" and spiders from the same set. I also added on each white piece a spider stamped in going gray, so you could write over it if you wanted to (you can probably see it better if you click on the picture).
I thought these were fun and easy pages. I also thought they had options.
Our study that night was about fear. How fear of God leads to wisdom, how when we rely on God he helps us overcome our fears and how our fears keep us from using our gifts and talents - which we discussed last month. I love it when studies work together.
When it comes to the pages, I also shared some ideas about what we could put on them. Since we are suppose to be scrapbooking about ourselves, I shared how it would be good if they only used pictures of other family, kids, church events, etc as a last resort. Basically only if they couldn't come up with anything else. I shared how it would be good to talk about and put pictures of things we were afraid of - hence the spiders and bats on the page, or they could talk about a time when they overcame their fears and was able to do something good. I think it's important to our families (especially younger generations) to realize that we had fears and struggles and how we got through them. I loved hearing the stories my grandmother shared both good and bad as those talked about her character. I wish now I had more. So that's what I'm trying to accomplish for my children. That way they can know me better and what my faith means to me and what I can do with God in my life. That I have struggles and celebrations. That I love them and through good or bad God loves them and can see them through anything.
So I hope you enjoy the pages and they help you think about things you can share with your family and friends. To me, it adds a great dimension. Have a great day.

No comments: