Sunday, November 1, 2009

bitty box and card

okay, I just had to show you a little card my son made.
To me it's really cute. Yes it's uneven, but he's 5. He played with some materials after one of my classes. He cut a small piece of paper and ran it through the Big Shot. He then sat down on his own and cut out the green background card base and colored in the petals and dots all by himself. No instructions or ideas from me. I haven't even made anything with the dots or petals colored in, so it's neat he created it on his own. The thing in the center is a heart that he drew. Isn't it sweet. I just had to brag and show off his design.
Next is a little box we made at Regionals. It is one using the bitty box and envelope die. I placed the image on the ribbon, so it just slides off that way and you can reuse it and not tear it open. Inside is several tags using the same images, but used with different colors and rearranged some. I just realized I didn't take a picture of the tags. It makes for a cute gift idea. Who wouldn't love a little box filled with tags for the holidays.
It used Real Red textured cardstock to make the box and we used the Real Red polka dot ribbon to tie around it for decoration. We also used the stamp set called Berry Christmas from the mini. I cut out the leaves and added them on for some dimentsion and I tied the ribbon with linen thread. It was a fun little box to make and I hope you enjoy seeing it.
So I hope you enjoy my shares today and have an awesome day.

Items used for the box
paper: real red textured, whisper white, bashful blue
ink: real red, bashful blue, chocolate chip, certainly celery
stamp: berry Christmas
accessories: real red polka dot ribbon, linen thread, snips, Big Shot, Bitty box die, sticky strip, dimensionals

No comments: