Sunday, November 29, 2009

ribbon wreath

I was so excited. I actually got to play in my craft room for a few hours yesterday. I made some ornaments, figured out club ideas and made a couple of other decorations. It was fun. I love making Christmas stuff, especially now before it gets too crazy. Growing up we'd all get together the day after Thanksgiving and make Christmas stuff, but we don't get to do that much anymore. I say stuff because it could have been a little bit of everything - an ornament(s), gifts, decorations, even goofy junk - it just had to deal with Christmas. So it was fun to take part of a day and do some creating this weekend. Reminded me of old times a little bit. If you can't tell Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love it all - from the true meaning and its significance to the secular side and all the fun entailed in giving. To me it's just great.

Anyways, I was inspired by the little ribbon wreath in the Holiday mini to make this little wreath. Mine has more ribbons that are closer together and I made a smaller layer on top to give it dimension, but it's a similar idea. I also chose little ribbon knots on mine verses buttons and I tied a bow on mine. I thought it a fun and easy project. My sister made one too. She is using hers as a ring around a candle - a very creative use for it I thought. I love it when others share ideas. We all learn from each other and it makes it way more fun.
So I hope you enjoy my little project and are inspired to make some fun Christmas stuff of your own. I'll share more in the next few days. Have a great day. Blessings.

No comments: