Sunday, November 8, 2009

rich razzleberry birthday card

Can you tell that Rich Razzleberry is one of my favorite IN colors? I use it a lot it seems. I'll be sorry when this one goes away for sure. I like this new variation of the purple series. It adds a lot to the color schemes and choices.
This is a card that I made for my step mother's birthday party. We celebrated her birthday last weekend. We went to another birthday event tonight and have at least 3 more planned this month alone, besides Thanksgiving. Lots of family and friend get togethers this month. Is it just me or does this year seem to be flying by? I can't believe it's already so close to Thanksgiving and then Christmas - yikes it will be here before we know it. I hope you guys have already started on your cards or gifts. I know it takes a while for some of you, so hopefully you at least have your stuff ordered.
Anyways, on to this card. I used two stamp sets: Eastern Blooms and Teeny Tiny Wishes.
I used Rich Razzleberry, old olive, whisper white and Crushed curry. I punched the saying using the Word Window and Modern Label punches and it is raised up on dimensionals. The flowers are also cut out and raised up on dimensionals. I curled the edges a little of the flowers but that is hard to see in this photo. The centers are just colored in with the marker. Besides the cutting out of the flowers which took a little time this was a pretty quick and easy card.
So I hope you enjoyed my cards. I thought it fun to show a couple non-Christmas ideas for a bit. Although I plan on working on some more Christmas this weekend. I need to get a jump on things or I won't get done.
I hope you guys have a great day today and I hope you get to take a moment to encourage someone today. God bless.

No comments: