Friday, February 6, 2009

butterfly notecard - new glitter technique

New glitter technique.
Here is another one of my note cards that I made. It's really hard to get a good shot to get the details. It's very glittery in real life.
This effect is made by stamping an image on a transparency (or acetate) with Stazon ink (black). You let that dry. I used Flight of the butterfly for this image.

Then you flip it over and on the backside you use your two way glue pen and put glue on the area that you would like your first color (here I did what was to be the orchid area first and drew heart shapes to represent the butterfly wings). I then added some orchid fine cosmos glitter and let dry.
Then I went back and added more glue (around the butterfly) and then sprinkled the acetate with dazzling diamonds to give it that overall shimmer and let dry.

One tip that would help, which I didn't do here. Before applying your glue pen for the first time, run your embossing buddy over the acetate to help with static cling. It should help keep the glitter off the rest of the card.

Once it's done you adhere the image (glitter side down to a piece of whisper white paper. Less messy that way.
I then curved the edges with my scissors as two pieces didn't work well in the corner punch and then attached to my orchid paper with ticket corner punched edges. I finished it off on my black note card to help the butterfly stand out.
On the inside I added a piece of white (or you could stamp with white ink) to fit my sentiment.
I hope you had fun seeing this little technique. It was fun - just keep the static cling at bay. Hope you have a great day.

No comments: