Thursday, February 12, 2009

sizzix Box #2 part 1

Valentine's Day is Saturday. Are you prepared? Do you wait last minute like me. :) I'm so terrible about stuff like that. Some days it's hard to keep up. But I just take one day at a time and that's what I can do for now. Hopefully you guys are better prepared. Just when it seems like things slow down though, things seem to pick up again and it's all busy again. But it's all fun for the most part. At least today. ;)

Last night I made these cut little boxes for our kids' teachers for Valentine's day (My son's party was today, so I did them all at once). I can't tell you how super easy they were. I just love this new box die. All it takes to make the actual box (besides paper) is about 1 1/2" of sticky strip if that much. You just apply that little piece to that one flap and then it just all goes together. Super easy!

It really is so simple. Now I did add extras to this box. I added a handle, which is about a 3/4" strip on this one, but I think I like the 1/2" better, but forgot to take a picture of that one.

I also used my wide oval punch and punched a hole in it and added a piece of transparency behind it, so the candy would show through, but not fall out. If you look closely at the picture I did stamp my box and handle using the Love you Much hearts stamp with Pink Pirouette ink on Pink Pirouette paper. I used real red and white for the hearts punched with my heart to heart punch and my big heart punch. I made a big heart tag and added it to the side. I also used the red and white striped ribbon and the white gel pen and real red marker (for the stitches). I finished 4 or these in no time. They were fun to make. Which is what I'm needing right now - quick, easy and fun.
I'm working on another one with some of our new thicker Designer paper. When I get done with that one I'll post a picture of it too. It will be really cool. I can't wait for you all to see it.
I hope you all are having a great day and don't let the stress of life get to you too much. Remember to stop and smell the chocolate...errrr....I mean flowers. :)

No comments: