Thursday, February 5, 2009

textured baskets


My daughters teachers have been very patient these last couple of weeks as we've learned about the new requirements of her new classes. So I decided to make them these baskets - filled with chocolate of course (not pictured). I used the Big Shot and the Basket and blooms die and the new textured plates. I chose pink because that's her homeroom teacher's favorite color. I'm showing a couple of different pictures because two different texture plates were used on the baskets. I used Regal Rose and Rose Red as my colors and used rose red ribbon and a silver brad. I cut up rose red paper and crimped it for my filling.

I just realized that it's hard to see the texture in the bottom picture. The textured pattern is similar to the swirls from Baroque motifs. It's very pretty in real life.
Sorry, I can't take another picture because she took them to school already. I hope it gives you some ideas to be creative too. If you don't have the big shot, you could always form a little box or decorate a small gift bag to give as a gift. Every one appreciates a little something from time to time. Is there anyone you can say thank you too today?

No comments: