Monday, February 9, 2009

valentine note cards part three

Hello everyone,
As far as I remember this is the last of the Valentine note cards. Valentines is quickly approaching. Hopefully some of these ideas are inspiring you to make some cards for those you love. I know my daughter is loving getting hers. I've been sticking ones in her lunch bag on Thursdays this month. Her friends think it's cool that she gets a nice note in her bag. :) I bet there is someone out there that you know that could use a little pick me up too.

One of the last little cards that I saw how to make from another demo is this little bird card. It was stamped in close to cocoa on the whisper white paper. Then they were stamped again on both the Candy Lane dsp and pink piroutte paper and then cut out and put on top of the image on the white. I then used the new heart to heart punch and glued the small heart in between the birds. I layered that onto the red dsp from the Candy Lane set and again on a whisper white note cards (which are cut 6 x 3 and then folded in half to make a 3 x 3 card.)


I also saw this little box to hold them in and had to make one. It's very little. I put a note card in one so you could see the size. It's kind of like a little magazine holder.
It's a folded piece of Pink Piroutte paper adhesed together with Sticky strip. I then added a strip of the wide Real Red grograin around the edge.
I then stamped the scallop image from the Love you Much Bundle and scalloped it out with the scallop circle punch.
I colored in the scallop stamp with Chocolate Chip (for words and outside scallop), Real Red on the little circles and red heart and then Pretty in Pink on the circled lines and then used a blender pen to color it in to make it more noticable. It was a pretty quick and easy project.

I hope you are having a great day. Remember to give a hug to someone special this week. It's good any week, but it's especially fun Valentine's week.

No comments: