Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sale-a-bration of Hope class

*** Edited: The date for this is going to change. I will post soon when it will be. Sorry, they rescheduled the basketball games that were canceled during the ice storms which affects a large majority of the class participants. I'm going to try and find out the best date to fit the most people and then re-post it. Thanks and sorry about the change.

This is a class I will be offering on the evening of March 5th. We will be transforming a notebook into a prayer journal, beading a pen (decorating a pen with DSP and covering it with beads), creating a ribbon bookmark with a butterfly covered in beads, and decorating a small box that will hold some uplifting scripture cards, which will also be included (NIV version). This uses many supplies that are showcased in our Sale-a-Bration promotion going on (Spend $50 in product and get a choice of one of six items in our Sale-a-Bration brochure).

The cost of the class is $15 and the class can hold 10 and is already filling up. Let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in this one. Note: The $15 does not count toward Sale-a-bration purchases as it is used to offset supplies that will be already purchased.

I thought this one would be a good one to offer right now for a couple of reasons. One I've been hearing some negative comments from people about the economy and also having the winter blahs. I thought this would be a good pick me up class as it takes the focus off of us and onto God. It can also help aide us as we pray for our friends and family and world at large by helping us to focus our prayers and also by recording how God does answer our prayers. Because God is definitely good.

Secondly I thought it would be good, because I thought it would be a good precursor class to the new trial scrapbooking our faith bible study that will happen soon. It would give us another resource to use to help us record our blessings that we have as we work on the scrapbooks. You might could use some of the items you record in your prayer journal in your actual scrapbooks or the class might help you focus some prayer ideas for your prayer journal too. So that's the jest of why I wanted to offer this class.
Even if you don't participate in the bible study, this idea can be used on it's own or would also make a great gift idea. This is also not mandatory to participate in the bible study. They are two separate class ideas.
So I hope you all are having a great day. If I forgot something or you have questions, let me know. Thanks.

No comments: