Sunday, March 8, 2009

basketball thank yous


I wanted to give a thank you card to my kid's Upward Coaches. I was trying to figure out a different type of card and this is what I came up with. It would make a good birthday card for a basketball lover too. I also thought this idea would make a fun scrapbook page addition too as I always take a ton of pictures and also have family that play too.
It's hard to see from the front, so I included a side view. I added a cut circle behind the ball to help make it bounce when you hold it.

So here is how I made the card. I ran the paper through my Big Shot using the textured plates. Then I used my new circle scissors to cut it into a circle. I then took a sponge and some pumpkin pie ink and ran the sponge over the dots to help make them stand out. I then took a basic black marker and drew lines for the ball. I also drew lines on the paper like it was flying through the air. I then stamped Thanks a gazillion in basic black. I attached the ball by cutting a 1 3/4" circle and cut it in a spiral. I attached one end to the ball and one to the card. It makes it wiggle when I move it.
See the side view.
So I hope you like my experiment.
It was fun to play anyways.
Hope you all are enjoying the nicer weather.
Have a great day.

No comments: