Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patty's day

Tomorrow is Saint Patrick's day. It's also my daughter's 10th birthday and she is excited. I hope she has an awesome day. (Happy Birthday, Sweetie!). Yes, she checks out my blog too, so I had to say that.
So anyways I was playing around with my sale-a-bration set and came up with this design. I had seen some hearts used something like this before, so I modified it to use the Polka dot punches set to celebrate St. Patty's day. I also thought it would be good for anything you just want to say good luck for - new job, new date, etc. You could also switch this to a birthday or thinking of you greeting - any of these would work.
I made this by stamping the heart in Handsome Hunter on Garden green paper. I stamped good luck on white and inked the edges and punched out with the wide oval punch and then popped up with dimensionals. The stem is made using the oval punch. I punched once and then shifted my punch over slightly and punched again, making this little stem. I then layered this on celery and garden green paper on top of a white base. It took a bit to stamp and punch all these out, but I thought they turned out pretty cute. I ended up giving these to my club members. I hope they liked them.

No comments: