Saturday, March 14, 2009

flower fancy - clean and simple

I know I like to color a lot and I sometime spend a lot of time on one card, but every once in a while I try and make what they call a clean and simple card(CAS). It's hard for me, because I keep wanting to add to it, but I played around with this one and this is what I came up with.
I demonstrated this card at a workshop just recently. Every now and then I like a quick and easy card, so I showed this one.

This one uses the Flower Fancy stamp set and Really Retro words.
The flower Fancy stamp set is a two step set. I stamped the solid color in Lavender lace and the outline in Elegant Eggplant, so no coloring just stamping. I also stamped the words in Eggplant too. I used Eggplant and lavender paper and whisper white as my base. I used white grosgrain ribbon and I edged the eggplant paper with the scallop border punch. It's hard to see but I also pierced holes in the middle of each scallop to give it some detail.
So what do you think? Do you like a simple one every now and then?

No comments: