Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sneak peek - 3d ball

If you haven't seen the Big Shot, it's a pretty cool tool. Right now is a great time to get the Big Shot as Sale-a-bration is going on. With the Big Shot and a die you would qualify for two free Sale-a-bration items and if you chose the kit you would get even more, plus hostess benefits. Not to mention if you'd like more dies you could easily qualify for hostess benefits that way too as well as more sale-a-bration sets.
Anyways, I'm enjoying my Big Shot and have used it a whole lot.
Coming in April you can purchase two 3D dies to go with it. This pop up ball die (it will lie flat and then pops up) and a pop up cake die (it folds flat in a card and then pops up to form a whole cake when opened.)
I was able to pre-order them and I picked this one. I thought it could be used several ways. In a scrapbook, on my desk as an ornament, in a card, as a calendar, etc. I did a quick sample before club and I made one with Upward pics of my kids and put '09 on the top with our new Varsity numbers. The uniforms were green so I picked garden green to make the ball. Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of it squashed down.
For the simplicity and speed that I created it I thought it turned out pretty cool. It's a little tricky to put together, but it went faster then I thought it would and the directions were good (except I don't think the directions said what size rubber band to get). The good thing about being a demo though is that SU provides us with training videos and there they told us what size to use and also provided us with a template to use for cuting out the pictures. It's fun being a demo getting to preview stuff and getting to see the ideas and training. If you ever thought about doing it there are special incentives during Sale-a-bration which ends March 31st. Let me know if you are interested.

No comments: