Monday, March 23, 2009

scrapbooking your faith - God's Beauty

Tonight I tried something that has been tugging on me a little while to do. I started a trial scrapbooking your faith / bible study class. I felt like I should do this for two reasons. One I scrapbook important events or people, but I don't take time to scrapbook something very important to me which is my faith and how it shapes me. Secondly, I wanted to start thinking about something positive. With the economy or all the negative news on the air I wanted to do something that was uplifting and inspiring (at least I hope.) So tonight we had our first class. We scrapbooked these two pages and then had a prayer and bible study time. I had a great group of ladies come and listen to me share my thoughts. We discussed Psalm 27 where "God offers help for today and hope for the future" (theme listing from my bible). If you get a chance you ought to check it out. It talks about how we shouldn't fear even when things are against us, that we should seek God's beauty, that He will not forsake us and how we should wait upon the Lord. I especially liked a note in my bible that also refers to Lamentations 3:24-26 which calls for us to "hope in and wait for the Lord because often God uses waiting to refresh, renew and teach us" (Life Application notes). If we seek His Beauty and presence and wait on His will we will be truly blessed.
I hope you take a moment and reflect on God's beauty and what that means to you.
If you are blessed, then share your joy with others this week. Shout your joy and share in your blessings. God bless and have a great day today.

No comments: