Friday, March 13, 2009

Big shot butterfly

I'm really liking the Big Shot if you can't tell by now. Now is the best time to buy it too (or any bigger item really). The machine alone almost qualifies for 2 Sale-a-Bration sets. Add in a few dies and you get those, as well as the fact, that you are almost at hostess benefits. So you'd get the machine and some dies or other accessory, you'd get at least 2 Sale-a-bration sets if not more and if you either buy enough or get some outside orders it wouldn't take you any time to reach hostess benefits.
Just a thought anyways. Sale-a-Bration ends on March 31st. You can order through me or at my online store at http://detailmama.stampinup.net

So anyways, back to the little notecard card and why I like the Big Shot. Well for one thing the bigger dies like the butterfly can cut through something like 50 different types of materials and maybe even more. For this card I cut through both cardstock and a piece of the Sticky pages (kind of like sticky strip but in page size.) I then used my hobby blade and cut away pieces of my sticky page and added new fine glitter to each section. Use your embossing buddy on the tape cover as it is clingy. I then just cut out small strips of cardstock and then curled them slightly to make the antennae. Then I stamped the sentiment. It was pretty simple to make overall, just get use to glitter on stuff. Although the glitter doesn't flake off the butterfly much like it normally does. I have to say the sticky page is cool for that as long as you take care of the static.
Hope you all are having a great day and have enjoyed seeing more projects made with the big shot as well as other fun products too.

No comments: