Sunday, March 29, 2009

decor stencils

Did you know or realize that SU has stencils that coordinate with their stamp sets?
I saw a training video on SU's website and had to try it. The stencils can be used on walls, decorative items, even cards and scrapbook pages. I had fun playing with it yesterday. Experimenting with different colors and techniques and shading.

This one is embossed on Chocolate Chip paper with clear embossing ink (that why it looks shiny in spots). I didn't want to take away too much from the stenciling so I thought I would just keep it a simple card this time. I stamped For You which is from the Great Friend set coming out in the new mini on April 1st, on vanilla paper. Then I punched it with our designer label punch and used our silver hodgepodge hardware to hold it all in place. It was quicker then I thought and fun too. So what do you think

No comments: