Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3D Fifth Avenue Floral

Okay, this is the project I was working on the weekend my family went camping recently. As most of you know I'm not a camper. I like having a bathroom and I'm not big on bugs. My daughter on the other hand loves them so I have a cute part 2 of this project to show you next that I made for her.

I saw this technique from demo Amy Celona. She graciously shared how to make this in a video. This top one is pretty much a copy of her flower. The barely banana one is a color I chose as it reminded me of my grandmother as it was her favorite color rose. It's hard to tell by these first couple of pictures but they are 3D. I actually made one into a pin that you can wear on a top or jacket. The other one I'm considering using to make a plaque idea that I'm working on but would need more flowers.

As you can see by the next couple of pictures it really is 3D and it takes several parts to put it together. It actually took a lot longer time then I thought it would as you have to let the layers dry. It was fun though as I love craft making in general and this was a new technique to learn. The other picture shows several of my parts laid out drying. Each section is made with three layers of cardstock Modge Podged together.

See how the layers are shaped to fit together to give more of a semblance of a real flower? It's really pretty in real life.
There is shading on the flower but it's a little hard to see in the picture. So what do you think? Do you like them? I did and I want to try some more items to put together my plaque idea, but I have to work on some gift items first.

So I hope you enjoyed seeing the flowers and I hope you have a great day today. My challenges to you today are one try to bring some beauty to someone's life today by doing something nice for them and two break out of your shell and try something fun and different. Who knows maybe you will come up with the next cool idea like Amy did.

Here is what I used to make these flowers:
stamps: Fifth avenue floral, God's beauty (hostess)
inks: stazon black; markers blush blossom and barely banana, certainly celery
papers: blush blossom, barely banana, certainly celery.
accessories: crystal effects, craft scissors, glue dots
Non SU materials: modge podge and pin back

No comments: