Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been working on some items that take more time or are for specific people for specific events and that means I can't show those cards yet as they might visit here. :)
I've been trying some new techniques and I hope you aren't getting tired of the flowers. These techniques just work so well with these flowers and the die it's hard not to use them. I'll have to look through my stash and see what others I can work on too. Hmm... maybe the truck from the Loads of love set. I'll have to see what other open sets I have. I can't remember who I first learned this from as there are several demos that I learn stuff from, so if you were the first to do this let me know and I'll give you credit.
Here is a new technique. I used two different color combos so you could see some differences. the top one has more yellows with a touch of pink and the bottom has more pink with a touch of yellow. Just a slight variation but definitely different results. It's best to work with stamps that have some coloring options. This is done on Shimmery white paper. First set out a drop or two of reinker on something slick (i.e. an old CD or a plastic top, paint tray, etc). I chose 3 colors here - Barely Banana, Regal Rose and Cameo Coral. The Fifth Avenue Floral flower is then embossed in white on the Shimmery paper. Once you do that you spritz the paper really well with water (make sure you protect your work surface so it doesn't get soaked). Then take your aquapainter (make sure really wet) and pick up a touch of the reinker and touch it to one of the areas in between the embossed images. It will spread out quickly and just kind of jump onto the paper. Keep doing that as desired into every spot separated by the embossing as the embossing creates kind of like a ledge separating the areas. Once you get it where you like it, let it dry. It will take at least 30 minutes or more. I then cut mine out and then I attached it to a card. I used dimensionals to give it more depth. So what do you think? Do you like it? It's pretty isn't it?

Here is what I used:
Papers: shimmery white (for flower), whisper white, regal rose, cameo coral, certainly celery
inks: cameo coral craft: reinkers - barely banana, regal rose, cameo coral
stamps: Fifth avenue floral, heard from the heart
accessories: white embossing powder, heat gun, snips, Big shot, little leaves die, dimensionals, clear embossing powder (words)

No comments: