Thursday, April 30, 2009

another manhattan die technique

Here is another technique using the Manhattan flower die. I learned how to do this technique from demo Patty Bennett. It's a little hard to get a picture of to show the variations but it is really pretty in real life.
Here is how I made it.
I took shimmery white paper and embossed a piece in the Big Shot using the die. I then turned it over so the grooves face downward (raised side down). I then took my brayer and used Summer sun ink and then just lightly brayed the image. I didn't bray everywhere just here and there (leave gaps). Then I cleaned off my brayer (or use a second) and rolled again using regal rose ink to fill in the gaps. It gave a cool shading technique look. I then cut it out, which is easy with the outline. I did that because the whole sheet ends up with ink on it and you just want the flower part. I attached it to Cameo Coral paper. I then stamped the saying from Oval All in Regal Rose and colored in with Summer Sun and Rose markers. I then punched out with the large oval and then punched banana paper with the scallop circle. It's raised on dimensionals. Hope you enjoy the card and have a great day.

No comments: