Monday, April 20, 2009

matchbox die - school theme

Well with the Get connected campaign going on I broke down and bought the matchbox die. Hey I spent $40 from the mini and I got an item from the under $10 page for free. I hate to say it but I'm a wimp when it comes to sales as I have no will power. :) Plus I thought it was a good deal.
The matchbox die itself makes one little box and 3 tags. The box will hold small items (nuggets, kisses, small chocolate bar, little toys, small jewelry etc.). I figured there were various uses for it (gift box, ornament box, small treasures, etc). Then I saw some ideas where you attach several together to make items like the one pictured here. I got this idea from demo Patti Lee. I did modify slightly some colors, but the basic idea with the school theme is her design. I've also seen these put together to mimic little drawers (like a dresser). Either way was cute to me and I couldn't resist. I thought this idea was especially cute as it could even be a little teacher gift, which teacher appreciation is coming up soon. Inside you could put desk helps. Patti put paper clips, rubberbands and I believe little post its in hers, but you could put little flags, erasers, basically anything small.

Here is what I used to make this item.
paper: real red, old olive, summer sun, chocolate chip, vanilla, whisper white
ink: old olive jumbo roller, real red, olive, chocolate chip markers
stamps: tart and tangy, nursery letters jumbo roller
accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", scallop circle & word window punches. Dimensionals, Big Shot, Matchbox die, sticky strip, bone folder, cutter.

So thanks for looking and have a great day.

No comments: