Saturday, April 11, 2009

What Easter is about part 1

I wanted to showcase a couple of cards that really reflect what the Easter season is about. I tried to do that with the Refuge and Strength stamp set. This is the first card I made. I wanted it to remind me of when Christ died on the cross... for me. I made it darker to help symbolize His death. But the great thing is that even though he died, we don't have to fear. He was the ultimate sacrifice. He died for us. Although that is sad, he did it to give us life. We really don't have anything to fear. Just as the saying says "God is our refuge and strength, therefore we will not fear. Psalm 46: 1,2". In making this card it helps remind me of the sacrifice he made for me...for us. It's humbling and I hope you can take a moment and think about what that means to you, my friends. As God loved you so much that He gave his one and only son, that whosever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 paraphrased). God bless you my friends and have a great day of reflection.

To make this card:
paper: night of navy, elegant eggplant, whisper white, chocolate chip, glossy white
ink: night of navy, eggplant, brocade blue, bashful blue: Chocolate and cocoa markers; craft night of navy
stamps: Refuge and strength
accessories: brayer, clear embossing powder, heat gun, spritzer, curly label punch, dimensionals
technique: brayered sky

No comments: