Monday, April 27, 2009

coloring pretties

Did you know that you can color the flowers that come in the pretties kit? You might could do most silk type flowers, but you can for sure color these. I've heard there are several ways to do that. You can use reinkers, crayons, stamp pads, pastels & markers I believe. The one I've heard is the most colorfast is the pastel one although it's a much lighter colored flower.
So I decided to try it. I didn't get a chance to try every way, but I did try the reinkers and these are what came out of it. I used Real Red, Baja Breeze and Elegant Eggplant with an aquapainter and this is what turned out. I thought they turned out pretty good myself for a first try. The center of the purple one is one of the new grommets in the mini. I backed it with saffron and added micro beads to give it a sparkle. I've also heard you can color our hardware. Now to try that. Hmm. Looks like I have another project. :)

No comments: