Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cased Bella Bleu box

I took some time recently to try out this box that Susie Nelson posted on a demo challenge site. I'm not sure who created it, but I thought it was very pretty and couldn't wait to try it. She actually used hers to hold the little sizzlet dies from Sizzix. She created tab inserts and everything. She even had a little medallion type thing on the front to pretty it up some too. I unfortunately barely had time for the box. I still think it's super pretty though and I thank her for sharing her posting.


It's made out of Not quite navy 12x12 cardstock and the Bella Bleu DSP. I used the eyelet border punch and sticky strip (although I need to add a small piece to the back border where I forgot to use sticky strip). Sticky strip is awesome for boxes. It holds them together much better then regular adhesives. The little bow on the front is made out of paper too. It's what I call a cheat bow. You just wrap around the paper (or ribbon) and secure it with a glue dot or other preferred adhesive. Then you wrap another piece to hold the middle down and make it look pretty. So it's not really a tied bow, just looks like it (hence the name). So this is my simple version that I learned how to make from another demo and thought was super pretty. So I hope everyone has a great day and gets some time to create. I'm hoping I get some again soon.

No comments: