Wednesday, April 8, 2009

circle card using thoughts and prayers

I saw an idea similar to this from a demo named Natalie (Natalie.is.stampin is her posting name) . Sorry, I don't know her last name, but I didn't create the idea. I just modified it. I substituted some colors and didn't use dsp, but the basic idea is the same.
For this card I used the circle scissors to cut out the circle layers. I inked the Thoughts and prayers stamp with chocolate chip and bashful blue using markers and stamped the tree. Then I stamped the saying from Heard from the Heart with Chocolate chip. All this is on whisper white. I then backed it with chocolate and then bashful blue. I then topped it off with chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. It opens like a regular card. You just place the card a little below the circle you want so it doesn't cut the top.
I'd have to measure again, but I'm almost positive it would fit in our extra large or square envelopes. If not it would make a fun card to stick on a package to decorate it. You could also use an embellishment like this to add to a scrap page or decorate a bag even. It has flexibility.
I liked how this picture came out too. It's one of the few that I think looks cool. I added the flower pen to the picture to keep it from rolling (as it's a circle). It almost looks professional. lol. :0)

No comments: