Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter is a coming

Sorry, it's been a few days. We were really trying to play catch up here at home and since it was Spring break wanted to spend a little time with the kids. I was going to post yesterday but felt really puny. I guess I caught a 24 hour bug, because I didn't feel well at all. But I feel better today and got to play some after the kids went to bed.
I made 3 items tonight. The first being this little basket.

I like Easter time for three reasons. First, for the main intent of the Easter season and that is celebrating the resurrection of Jesus and what that means to me. Secondly, I was brought up with the "Easter bunny" and love the fun that comes with it. The hunting eggs, dressing the kids up, spending time with family, etc. Thirdly, I like it because it's another signal of spring time and spring colors. I'm usually ready for spring to be here as I'm not a cold weather person.
So I put together this cute little basket that I saw how to make from Dawn Griffith (another demo). It hits two of my items (Easter bunny and bright springy colors). It is made out of a 6x6 piece of dsp (a hostess item) and another piece (1 1/2 x 8 1/2 of regal rose) for the handle. It was pretty quick and easy to put together. I then stamped the bunny from Eight Great greetings (in the mini) and colored it in with markers, punched it with the scallop circle punch and adhered it to my basket. Pretty quick and fun. So what do you think? Is it starting to feel like spring yet?

No comments: