Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm ready for sping already

Okay, I'm ready for spring. :) I'm not a fan of cold weather one day and warm the next. That's what you get when you live here though. Shorts one day and snow the next. So I'm ready for spring to really be here. I love the colors, the flowers the warm (but not hot) weather. The breeze. So I wanted to show something bright and cheery. I know this is more reminiscent of summer, but since I haven't had time to create new stuff, I had limited choices and this was as about as bright as I could find. :)
So here are a couple of bag toppers I made with the Tart and Tangy stamp set. I thought it was good for two reasons - one I haven't used this set lately and it reminds me of some things it would be good for and two it reminds me that it's fun to decorate bags too.

I thought these turned out really cute. I found some cheap bags at Michaels that match our colors really well. There were at least 4 different color bags to the set (orange, pink, green, purple - there might have been one more, but I can't remember). Those were the ones that went the best anyways. You can use a lot of our stamps and create fun bag toppers to go with your bags. Add a little card to go with it and you have a matched set. Super fun. They just slide right over the handles ( I folded the paper and punched half way in with my word window punch) . Just punch a little past the handles but not all the way across to make it slide. I did score it a little (maybe a 1/4") to help it lay flatter though, so the top part looks flat by that much.

Anyways here is what I used to make these bag toppers. I hope these inspire you to maybe make some toppers or pull out this set and use if for some fun springy type things too.

Papers (you might need to adjust some to fit colors of your bags) - green galore, only orange, whisper white.
ink: only orange, green galore: markers - real red, pixie pink, old olive
stamps: tart and tangy
accessories: word window punch, bone folder, cutter

No comments: